This award (pronounced “ah mee kee leen gwah room”) recognizes an individuals and/or organizations, who may pertain to the realm of education or not, and that are not directly involved in the teaching of world languages, for their significant contributions to the profession.
There are two recognitions for this award: One for individuals and/or organizations that pertain exclusively to the world of education; and another one for those that are not.
NEW: Starting 2023, a new recognition will be added to this award. This will be dedicated to students, and there will be two sub-categories: K-12 students, and post-ed students.
A recipient of this award has…
- …made a large contribution to the teaching and learning of world languages through showing support by advocating for the expansion of articulated world language programs in schools at any and all levels…
- …given significant support for world language teachers by advocating for them outside of the classroom and in the spheres of the district, government, and community at large…
- …provided important service to the world language teaching profession through bolstering the efforts of teachers by mentoring them and making them feel appreciated and needed.
Award Nomination Procedures
- STEP 1: Review above the candidate qualities and the award eligibility criteria.
- STEP 2: Gather all the required award nomination evidence (see next section).
- STEP 3: Submit the nomination by filling the KWLA Awards Nomination Form, and send all the evidence to the Chair of the KWLA Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEADLINE: All nominations and evidence must be submitted by June 30th.
Award Nomination Evidence
- Letter of endorsement addressing the award criteria listed
Have any further questions about awards and nomination procedures? Please contact the KWLA Awards Committee Chair anytime at: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: A press release for winners of the Outstanding Teacher Award will be published within a week after the conference. Press releases for all other awards winners will be available by request only.