This award (pronounced “ah mee kee leen gwah room”) recognizes an individuals and/or organizations, who may pertain to the realm of education or not, and that are not directly involved in the teaching of world languages, for their significant contributions to the profession.
NEW: Starting 2021, there will be two recognitions for this award: One for individuals and/or organizations that pertain exclusively to the world of education; and another one for those that are not.
A recipient of this award has…
- …made a large contribution to the teaching and learning of world languages through showing support by advocating for the expansion of articulated world language programs in schools at any and all levels…
- …given significant support for world language teachers by advocating for them outside of the classroom and in the spheres of the district, government, and community at large…
- …provided important service to the world language teaching profession through bolstering the efforts of teachers by mentoring them and making them feel appreciated and needed.
Award Nomination Procedures
- STEP 1: Review above the candidate qualities and the award eligibility criteria.
- STEP 2: Gather all the required award nomination evidence (see next section).
- STEP 3: Submit the nomination by filling the KWLA Awards Nomination Form, and send all the evidence to the Chair of the KWLA Awards Committee at email@example.com
- DEADLINE: All nominations and evidence must be submitted by June 30th.
Award Nomination Evidence
- Letter of endorsement addressing the award criteria listed
Have any further questions about awards and nomination procedures? Please contact the KWLA Awards Committee Chair anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: A press release for winners of the Outstanding Teacher Award will be published within a week after the conference. Press releases for all other awards winners will be available by request only.