2017 Outstanding Administrator -Mark Leet
The Outstanding Administrator Award recognizes a school administrator who has demonstrated exemplary support of world language learning and teaching at his/her institution, community, or in the state.
SPECIAL NOTE: KWLA defines ‘Administrator’ as an education professional serving at the levels of K-12 in the positions of school principal, assistant principal, guidance counselor, district instructional supervisor, superintendent, or assistant superintendent, and at the level of post-secondary in the positions of academic dean, director, provost, or president, or the equivalent thereof for institutions where the titles differ from those mentioned here.
- Must have offered outstanding leadership in promoting the study of world languages in his/her institution, community, or in the state
- Must have given exceptional support for world language programs in his/her institution, community, or in the state
- Must have helped to improve the quality of world language teaching and learning at his/her institution, in the community, or in the state
- All things being equal, preference will be given to administrators whose responsibilities lie mainly outside of world languages
Award Nomination Evidence**
- Letter of endorsement from a professional colleague outlining the impact the administrator has made at his/her institution, in the community, or in the state
Award Nomination Procedures
- Select a candidate who meets the award criteria listed above*
- Fill out the online nomination form
- Work with your nominee to make sure that all of the required “Award Nomination Evidence”** is submitted by the deadline to the KWLA Awards Committee Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have any further questions about awards and nomination procedures? Please contact the KWLA Awards Committee Chair anytime at: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: A press release for winners of the Outstanding Teacher Award will be published within a week after the conference. Press releases for all other awards winners will be available by request only.