This award recognizes an individual of the world language teaching profession who has demonstrated long- term achievement and service to KWLA and to the profession – locally, statewide, regionally, and/or nationally.
- Current KWLA member in good standing with a minimum of 20 years in the teaching profession. A history of service to KWLA is required
- Review of candidate’s professional achievements & activities
- Evidence of continued professional growth
- Excellence in teaching and/or administration
- Service to the world language teaching profession locally, regionally, and/or nationally
- Service to the Kentucky World Language Association (formerly Kentucky Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages)
Award Nomination Procedures
- STEP 1: Review above the candidate qualities and the award eligibility criteria.
- STEP 2: Gather all the required award nomination evidence (see next section).
- STEP 3: Submit the nomination by filling the KWLA Awards Nomination Form, and send all the evidence to the Chair of the KWLA Awards Committee at email@example.com
- DEADLINE: All nominations and evidence must be submitted by June 30th.
Award Nomination Evidence
- Letter of endorsement from a professional colleague
- Letter of endorsement from a supervisor/administrator
- Letter of endorsement from a current or former student or parent
- Current Curriculum Vitae which includes: Educational background; Teaching experience; Recent travel related to teaching; Service to KWLA; Service to the world language profession as a whole; Membership in other professional organizations; Workshops given, papers presented, articles published; Awards and honors received
Have any further questions about awards and nomination procedures? Please contact the KWLA Awards Committee Chair anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: A press release for winners of the Outstanding Teacher Award will be published within a week after the conference. Press releases for all other awards winners will be available by request only.