The Amici Linguarum (pronounced “ah mee kee leen gwah room”) Award recognizes an individual or organization not directly involved in the teaching of world languages that has made a significant contribution to the profession.
2020 Amici Linguarum award winner – the Team Kentucky’s Language Access Team for their hard work ensuring all Kentuckians can understand communications during the pandemic.
A recipient of this award has…
- …made a large contribution to the teaching and learning of world languages through showing support by advocating for the expansion of articulated world language programs in schools at any and all levels…
- …given significant support for world language teachers by advocating for them outside of the classroom and in the spheres of the district, government, and community at large…
- …provided important service to the world language teaching profession through bolstering the efforts of teachers by mentoring them and making them feel appreciated and needed.
Award Nomination Evidence**
- Letter of endorsement addressing the award criteria listed
Award Nomination Procedures
- Select a candidate who meets the award criteria listed above*
- Fill out the online nomination form
- Work with your nominee to make sure that all of the required “Award Nomination Evidence”** is submitted by the deadline to the KWLA Awards Committee Chair at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have any further questions about awards and nomination procedures? Please contact the KWLA Awards Committee Chair anytime at: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: A press release for winners of the Outstanding Teacher Award will be published within a week after the conference. Press releases for all other awards winners will be available by request only.